Ernest Telkemeyer has been a hypnotherapist for 41 years, 35 of those years he specialized in working with children. At one time, 70-80% of his clients were under 18 years old. He perfected the puppet technique that Walter Sichort had started. He developed a new technique called a “Spiral Slide” for children to old for the puppet but not old enough to be hypnotized like an adult. He developed a separate technique to hypnotize hyperactive children. These are specifically the things that got him inducted into the International Hypnosis Hall of Fame. You will have plenty of time to understand all.
The people that choose to be certified will have to pass a test and will be given a certificate of certification signed by Mr. Telkemeyer.
1. Demonstrate with puppet and young child.
2. Demonstrate with older child.
3. Demonstrate how to hypnotize hyper active children.
4. Explain the difference in hypnotizing children from adults.
5. Explain things you can expect when hypnotizing children. (such as movement)
6. How to select a puppet to work with children.
7. Roll playing – how to interview the child and the parent.
8. Roll playing – how to handle the parents in the office.
9. Explain the sudden worsening of behavior after improvement.
10. Talk about bedwetting – give handouts.
11. Talk about kleptomania using roll playing.
12. Talk about nail biting using roll playing.
13. Give case histories.
14. Demonstrate how hypnosis helps children in sports.
15. Talk about pain and demonstrate the magic spot.
16. Answer questions.
(Always make suggestions simple and to the point – capitalizing on what the child can get out of it.)